Cuba Travel Corporation is pleased to invite you to the 35th Havana International Trade Fair (FIHAV), which will take place at the EXPOCUBA fairgrounds in Havana, Cuba, between Monday, 30 October and Friday, 3 November 2017.
The last edition of 2016 of FIHAV – the biggest in its history – was attended by entrepreneurs and businessman from 73 countries whose companies occupied an exhibition area of 29 thousand square meters in which 3,700 foreign visitors.
In FIHAV 2016 participated 15 official delegations of ministerial level who exhibited their products, services and technologies to the Cuban business system that imports and captures foreign investments.
FOREIGN INVESTMENT FORUM
In the context of FIHAV, the Investment Forum and the presentation of the Foreign Investment Opportunities Portfolio in Cuba are presented, a document outlining the main interests of Cuba to receive foreign direct investment and in order to foster a rapprochement between the Cuban businessman and foreign investor.
In the 1st. Investment Forum held in 2016 involved 117 business men and women from 38 countries, who agreed 242 appointments with national entities, who were given the 2017 Business Portfolio, which contains 395 projects (69 more than in 2015), opportunities which if materialized in their totality would represent a direct investment in Cuba of 9,500 million dollars of foreign capital in the country.
CUBA, THE MOST AWARDED COUNTRY
Cuba was the most awarded country in the 34th. Edition of FIHAV 2016.
The Cuban companies took a total of 17 awards in the closing of the 34th edition of the International Fair of Havana (FIHAV-2017).
CUBAN national entities accumulated a laureate less than last year, but it was enough for them again to lead the award.
Spain returned to second place to the host country with eight awards, three more than in 2015, and China was third with seven, adding six more than at the last event.
Cuba was the most awarded country in the 34th edition of Fihav.
Cuba won five Gold Medals for Product Quality, three Design Awards, one Advertising Mention, one Award and two Mentions at Stan Modular, the Grand Prize for Integral Communication, as well as two Awards and an equal number of General Mentions of the Committee Organizer.
Havana Club Internacional was, like the previous course, the Cuban company with more recognitions with three, followed by Cuba Ron, TecnoAzucar and BrasCuba with two each.
CUBAN COMPANIES AWARDS
The 17 awards of Cuban companies:
– Gold Medals for Product Quality:
1- Oil CubaLub, exposed and produced by the Cuban Lubricants Company CubaLub.
2- Puree Mango Natío, exposed by Citrus Caribbean and produced by the company Agro Industrial Ceballos.
3- Ron Santiago 500, exhibited by Ron Cuba and produced by Ronera Santiago de Cuba, belonging to the same exhibiting corporation.
4- Male Perfume “S”, exposed and produced by Suchel.
5- Cohiba 50 Aniversario, exhibited by the corporation Habanos and produced by the Tobacco Company Torcido El Laguito.
6- Integral Security Services (SEISA), for its campaign “With security”
7- TecnoAzucar, for its redesign proposal “Vacilón”, to promote its line of traditional rums.
8- Havana Club International, for the audiovisual “Live the color of the night”, to promote the rum Havana Club 7 Years.
– Mention of Advertising in the category Digital Media:
9- Havana Club International for its application for mobile phones Havana Cocktails
– Grand Prize for Integral Communication:
– General Awards of the Organizing Committee:
Free Design: 11- BrasCuba and 12- Havana International Club
Mentions Free Design: 13- Bravo and 14- Cuba Rum
15- Modular Stand: Etecsa
Mentions Modular Stand: 16- Labiofam and 17- TecnoAzucar
On the achievements of the Cuban entities, Rodrigo Malmierca Díaz, Minister of Foreign Trade and Foreign Investment and Chairman of the FIHAV Organizing Committee, stated that “the priority given to the attraction of foreign capital did not in any way detract from the proposals of the Cuban companies that presented, with originality, creativity and novel designs, their goods and services. ”
The Minister said that “we have witnessed the importance of these entities to FIHAV and I think that this has been reflected in the deliberations of the jury and the awards that have been delivered tonight.”
Only four countries achieved more than one Gold Medal for Product Quality. China was the only one that emulated Cuba with five, Spain deserved three and Portugal two.
• Cuba 17 (5 Gold Awards, 3 Design Awards, 3 Awards and 4 General Mentions of the Organizing Committee, a Grand Prize for Communication and a Mention of Advertising)
• Spain 8 (3 Gold Medals, 2 Design Awards, one Award and one Advertising Mention and one Organizing Committee Award)
• China 7 (5 Gold Medals and 2 Design Awards)
• Portugal 6 (2 Gold Medals, 2 Advertising Mentions, the Design Award and the Pavilion Mention)
• Germany 3 (a Gold Medal, a Design Prize and an Advertising Prize)
• Japan 2 (a Gold Medal and a Free Design Award)
• Belgium (Gold Medal)
• Switzerland (Gold Medal)
• Netherlands (Hall Prize)
• Mexico (Design Award)
• Panama (Design Award)
• Russia (Design Award)
• South Korea (Mention of Pavilion)
• Brazil (Mention of Pavilion)
• France (Organizing Committee)
• Italy (Organizing Committee)
• Venezuela (Organizing Committee)
• Caribbean (Organizing Committee)
FIHAV 2017 GENERAL PROGRAM
October 19-30 – 9:00 am. – 5:00 pm.
Assembly of free design stands (accredited personnel prior coordination with the Organizing Committee).
October 26-30 – 9:00 am. – 5:00 pm.
Accreditation of Exhibitors. Mounting of modular stands.
31 October – 11:00 am.
Opening ceremony, Plaza of the Banderas, EXPOCUBA.
1 to 4 November – 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 pm.
November 4th – 11:00 am. At 5:00 p.m.
November 4th – 7:00 p.m.
Award ceremony, Palace of Conventions of Havana.
November 5th – 9:00 am. – 5:00 pm.
Withdrawal of samples.
7 to 12 November – 9:00 am. – 5:00 pm.
Withdrawal of samples and dismantling of stands.
On line registration through our web site is a simple process of only 5 steps, before you receive final confirmation:
- Registration per category: You should be to carry out up to 6 person registration per category and at the same time (Attendant or Companion person).
- Registration Review: You should be able to obtain at that moment a summary for the final charge per person, as well as the total to be paid.
- Personal Information: You should fill out personal information (Name, Last name, e-mail address, etc)
- Payment: Will be carry out by credit card. We use SSL system.
- Confirmation: You will receive by electronic e-mail confirmation with all the details of the participants and services included.
|Professionals Visitors||95.00 Euros|
The Havana International Fair FIHAV 2017 in collaboration with the Organizing Committe of the event.
In order to benefit from the special condition, please use the following booking method:
- To process the registration directly through this web site
- Send the registration request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Each participant will receive an individual confirmation, indicating the name and registration category. The registration will be activated upon receipt of the corresponding deposit.
Some personal information must be shown by students during registration process in Cuba
All registrations require prepayment.
Event registration rates are subject to changes except when reservations have been confirmed. All rates are quoted in Euros. If any change involves an increase in price/rate, payment will be required at the time of change and the change and it will not be effective until payment is received and confirmed.
The total charge includes all services described by registration category, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as airport taxes, parking, phone calls, tips and room service will be handled directly between you and the supplier or property.
Acreditations made directly in Cuba will be quoted in CUC
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Cancellations or changes must be received in writing to email@example.com Once you have paid for your registration, the following cancellation policy applies:
Cancellation of Registration
- Devolution it will be to the same credit card that you made a payment ,except 20.00 EUROS for administration fees.
Cuba Travel Corporation web travel agent for the Havana International Fair FIHAV 2017 and will be offering special reduced rates for accommodation and Congress tours in collaboration with HAVANATUR incoming agency of the event. In order to benefit from the special condition, please use one of the following booking methods:
- Book your accommodation packages via this website
- Send the accommodation request by email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Hotel Name||Price per person per night|
|HABANA LIBRE||€ 211.00|
|MELIA COHIBA||€ 138.00|
- Lodging with breakfast
- Airport-hotel-airport transfer
- Transfer to event activities
- Asistance at the airport and hotels
Each participant will receive an individual confirmation, indicating the details for accommodation packages. The reservation will be activated upon receipt of the corresponding deposit.
For groups reservations (10 rooms or more), companies are requested to send their request by email to by email email@example.com. Different payment and cancellation policies will be applied.
All events services (registration & accommodation) require prepayment. Your credit card will be debited within 24 hours after making your reservation for the indicated amount at the time of booking. The charge will be in EURO or USD.
A written confirmation and details of services will be sent at the time of confirmation of a booking. Cuba Travel Corporation accepts online payment with the following Credit Cars (Visa & MasterCard)
Events package rates are subject to change except when reservations have been confirmed. All rates are quoted in Euros.
Cuba Travel Corporation does not guarantee that changes can be made on all or parts of packages. A change in the number of occupants per room may change the price of the package.
If any changes involve an increase in price/rate, payment will be required at the time of change and the changes will not be effective until payment is received and availability is confirmed by the Travel Suppliers.
The total charge includes all services described in the packages, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as airport taxes, parking, phone calls, tips and room service will be handled directly between
you and the supplier or property.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Cancellations or changes must be received in writing to Cuba Travel Corporationinfo@cubatravelcorp.info Once you have paid for your reservation, the following cancellation policy applies:
Cancellation of Accommodation
- Cancellations received 30 days prior to arrival: Full refund less bank charges.
- Cancellations received 29 -7 days prior to arrival: We will refund you the total amount that you paid for the reservation, minus the amount of the first hotel night of your intended stay for no-show charges, plus a 20.00 Euro for administration fees
- Cancellations received less than 7 days prior to arrival: No refund.
All refund requests must occur within 30 days of hotel check out and must be in writing. Any refund for checking out early or for no shows will be given at the sole discretion of Solways.
It is your responsibility at the time of booking to check all details relating to penalties for cancellation and amendments as well as taking care of all documents concerning to the package.